Saturday, August 1, 2015

#RPGaDay2015 - 1st - Forthcoming Game

It's August 2015, and to follow on with the success of last year's #RPGaDay event, David Chapman at Autocratik has created a new list. Each day in August, I'll be posting my "answer" to that day's topic.

I don't know how to say this without sounding like I'm bragging. I'll just have to ask you to trust me on this one. The RPG I'm most looking forward to hasn't been announced yet. I believe it will be later today at Gen Con, but I learned about it over dinner several weeks ago. There's no way I'm scooping it, which would not only be a betrayal, but it would build me a reputation as a guy publishers can't talk to about their games.

That said, thebig announcements, and maybe that means this would have been a better question for August 3rd or 4th, rather than the 1st.
question got me thinking about how the whole concept of "forthcoming" has changed. Does a PDF release with a preorder for a physical book count as forthcoming? I think the people who only sell PDFs would differ with that definition. Then there's Kickstarter, which is really a preorder system for many gamers, combined with a bit of gambling if you ask me. Gen Con is still the main place to get all the

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment