Monday, January 4, 2010

What's this?

Good question.

This is where I'll be writing about all things gaming related. My posts will discuss game theory, mechanics, play, etc. I'm mostly interested in writing about tabletop games like pen and paper roleplaying games and board and card games, but the occasional video game or some other category may come up. Also, there's no telling what other geekery I may feel the need to write about. If it's plausible a guy like me may be interested, it's plausible it could show up here.

So why blog about it?

Well, my life is pretty much consumed by gaming. Nearly everything I do is gaming related. I manage a board and hobby game store, I produce two gaming podcasts (The Game's the Thing and Smiling Jack's Bar & Grill), I work on the suite of gaming podcasts produced by Pulp Gamer (I'm actually affiliated with them beyond the "cast" level, too--more to come on that front), and I'm a freelance writer, editor, and budding designer in the pen and paper roleplaying business (there could even be a small publishing business in my future--we'll see).

Oh, and I play games, too. Funny, that.

Summing it up, I guess I just have a lot to say. I sincerely hope you enjoy what comes of this, and I welcome your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment